Car Accident Lawyers in Fairfax, Virginia
According to the Centers for Disease Control, car accident deaths in Virginia cost residents an estimated $947 million in lost wages and medical costs. These figures don’t even begin to account for the losses that victims and families sustain when they survive their car accidents with serious and life-altering injuries or disabilities. Car accidents can leave victims suffering from a range of serious injuries, including spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, broken bones, internal injuries, and post-traumatic stress disorder. The car accident lawyers at Nolan & Mroz, PLC in Fairfax, Virginia work closely with victims and families who have suffered due to another person’s negligence behind the wheel. You may be entitled to seek damages for your medical costs, rehabilitation expenses, pain and suffering, property damages, and other losses. However, you may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim with insurance companies and with negligent parties after your crash. Visit Nolan & Mroz, PLC, car accident attorneys in Fairfax, Virginia today to seek justice for your injuries and compensation for your losses.
Causes of Car Accidents in Fairfax, Virginia
According to Stanford Law School’s Center for Internet and Society, human error is responsible for over 90 percent of car accidents. In Virginia, victims of crashes can only seek compensation for their losses when the other driver is at fault for the accident. What are some factors that lead to car accidents in Fairfax, Virginia, and what are some circumstances where the other driver may be at fault?
- Drunk driving. When drivers choose to get behind the wheel after drinking, they put others in danger. According to Mothers Against Drunk Driving, drinking and driving costs victims an estimated $132 billion each year. If you believe you have been the victim of a drunk driver, contact the car accident law firm at Nolan & Mroz, PLC in Fairfax, Virginia today.
- Distracted driving. GPS. Car radios. Cell phones. Text messages. Eating and driving. Onboard entertainment systems. There are now more ways than ever to be distracted behind the wheel. When drivers are distracted, accidents can happen. Contact the car accident lawyers at Nolan & Mroz, PLC in Fairfax, Virginia if you think that another driver’s distraction resulted in your accident.
- Exceeding the speed limit means that a driver needs longer to stop and could make it more likely that accidents that do occur will result in more serious or deadly injuries. If speeding was a factor in your accident, Nolan & Mroz, PLC, are car accident lawyers in Fairfax, Virginia who may be able to help you make a claim for your losses.
- Breaking the rules of the road. Running stop signs. Running red lights. Improper turns. Improper lane changes. The rules of the road are there for a reason and when drivers break the law, they can injure other drivers and their passengers. If the other driver broke the law in your accident, you may be entitled to seek damages for your lost wages, medical costs, and pain and suffering. Visit Nolan & Mroz, PLC, a car accident law firm in Fairfax, Virginia today.
- Road rage and aggressive driving. Traffic jams can lead to heightened anger, but when drivers fail to control their emotions and their actions lead to tailgating, sudden dangerous lane changes, or other reckless actions, other people can get hurt. If you were hurt in an accident due to another person’s road rage or aggressive driving, you may have the right to make a claim under the law. Contact the car accident law firm at Nolan & Mroz, PLC in Fairfax, Virginia today.
- Rear-end collisions. Rear-end collisions are almost always the fault of the other driver. If you’ve been hurt in a rear-end collision, speak to the personal injury lawyers at Nolan & Mroz, PLC in Fairfax, Virginia today.
There are many factors that can lead to a car accident. Nolan & Mroz, PLC are Fairfax, Virginia car accident attorneys who can review your case and help you seek justice if another driver was at fault. However, you may only have a limited amount of time to make an insurance claim or claim against negligent parties. Contact Nolan & Mroz, PLC today.
Get Help with Your Car Accident Insurance Claim or Personal Injury Claim Today
Navigating the car accident insurance claim process after a car accident can be challenging. Whose insurance is responsible for paying? What happens if the other driver’s insurance tries to blame you? What happens if your insurance company wrongly denies a claim? What happens if your injuries exceed the limits of your policy? These are all important questions. The car accident law firm at Nolan & Mroz, PLC in Fairfax, Virginia can help you navigate the car accident insurance claim process and can help you file a personal injury lawsuit against negligent parties if appropriate. Visit us at Nolan & Mroz, PLC today to learn more about how we can help. The aftermath of a crash is challenging enough. Focus on healing and leave the insurance claims and personal injury claims to the lawyers at Nolan & Mroz, PLC.